Prior to going on site to paint, I needed to be organized and do as much as I could beforehand. Physically, I could not paint for more than two days at a time, so I needed to maximize efforts as efficiently as possible. I found it best to mix the paint colors I needed beforehand, allowing that I might need to alter the colors once I got on site. I established a routine that worked well. I made material lists in my journals so I could transport what I needed efficiently.
Staging in the puppy room was also important. Sometimes I had puppies in the room with me and worked in an environment typical of a very busy kennel. Again, flexibility was key. In addition, lighting on site changed throughout the day and I needed to work with that situation, as well.