Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Equine "Evil" Trio

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. These are three 24"x12" canvases that I painted this year and gave to a dear friend. The purpose was two fold. First, to learn how to use acrylic paint in preparation for painting a puppy mural for our friends new training & boarding facility. Acrylics and I aren't the best of friends. I like working in markers, color pencil, and watercolor. I really need to take some lessons from a live teacher lol. I did view a couple on-line tutorials. The second purpose was to figure out how to paint a black animal. I wanted to do a black Lab pup and was having no end of trouble.

I don't remember how many times I painted and repainted Janus (the black horse) because of his color and Baby (brown horse) because I couldn't get the angle of the hooves covering the ears the way I liked. In retrospect, it was fun. When I was doing it - it was frustrating torture :). I need to find a good teacher if I want to keep in this medium.


No comments: