Monday, February 15, 2016

Double Holy Cow!! Where Did 2015 Go?!?!

Life happens - death, sickness and continual changes. Boring stuff that can stay in 2015.

The great news is that I continued my drawing, continued taking online courses, and started to dabble in acrylic paint. I had so little time or physically ability I could either do it - or blog about it. I voted to Do Art!

I note in my last post of 2014, I was going to post some of my journal pages. I could tell you that the internet ate them, but that would be a lie. I won't make another commitment to once again not follow through. No posts of what I've done over the last year. We will march through 2016 and hope that I won't have a "triple holy cow where did 2017 go?" post next January. What I WILL do is share my "Big Project" and a couple projects leading up to that project with you. I want to document my process which I'm making up by the seat of my pants. Of course I will be throwing in drawings, class projects here and

In keeping with "Insanity is a Terrible Thing to Waste" in 2015, I volunteered to do projects that I absolutely had no experience nor talent with the medium I needed to use. WHAT FUN!!! Obviously I'm not afraid to fall flat on my face. The "Big Project" is to do a mural for a puppy room of a friend's new dog kennel. I was asked to do the puppy mural because I posted a photo of a mural I painted on my dear friend Kim's garage. She had a lovely sun airbrushed onto the garage but she had to repaint the garage. I cheerfully told her I could paint her a sun, but it would be a cartoon sun (I can't do realistic art). The rest is history.
 


No comments: