Monday, October 07, 2013

Fashion Face

This is one of the first painted faces I did for Jane Davenport's "I ❤ Drawing" class. I really love this class since it concentrates on figure drawing. In fact, it was the course that brought me to Jane's website and I ended up taking 6 workshops with her!

I wanted to do a better job on my figure drawing. People would comment how I had a good grasp of the human figure and I was mostly faking it LOL. I can't draw any pose (fore-shortened poses I have a HORRIBLE time with!) and need a "model" or a reference photo to do the pose. Jane has a really neat method of using hearts as guides. VERY clever. She is doing a book on it. I can't wait until it is published because I'm buying multiple copies as gifts!

I was (and still am) struggling with acrylic paints. I find watercolor to be easier, but acrylic paints are great because if you don't like it, you just paint over it! As you can see, I put her in my "Seeing Double" journal.

No comments: