Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let's Get Started!

Since June I have been working on a number of Jane Davenport workshops. I can't recommend her and  her workshops highly enough. So the next dozen posts or so I'll catch you up to date with some of the art I've produced so far. I have over 20 completed pieces and at least that number of sketches ready to be started. Few of these pieces are completely done. I am learning to work on them and then let them sit a while before continuing. The courses I am taking (no, I'm not done by a long shot) are:
  • Draw Happy
  • Supplies Me!
  • I ❤ Drawing
  • Express Yourself
  • Joynal
All of these classes I do at my own pace and I have 12 months to access the materials. My own pace means I'm lucky to make a couple pieces of art a week, but without these classes I'd do nothing. I watch the classes instead of TV. Much more productive!!

I am also doing "Mermaid Circus" live with Jane Davenport and Teesha Moore. Live means there is a Facebook group and everyone is going along together in this 8 week course. I'll fill you in on more details as I go. I am WOEFULLY behind on that class, but again, the interaction at least has me try to squeeze in time for a drawing or two.

This little lady is done in a little Moleskine travel journal I finally started using. She is the first painted face I did in my first Jane online workshop "Draw Happy".

What is pretty cool about working in these journals and now posting them in the order I did them is I can see how I evolved. I can look at her and I know what to do to add to her which I will do. I just want to preserve what I did chronologically as I learned and practiced more!

If I have time, I will re-post once I "fix" her up. I'm really having a whole new relationship with my art through Jane's philosophy. I focus more on the process than the result. A REAL difficult transition to make.

No comments: