Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Maggie

Here is a sketch that I colorized directly on top of a pencil sketch in my 3"x3" little memo book I carry around. This little notebook has been all over with me. Normally when I colorize a pencil sketch it doesn't turn out and loses it's character. This one worked! I guess there is a first time for everyting. This little sketch I made of Maggie trying to capture her essence - one of pure joy. It makes me happy every time I look at it!

And so Maggie doesn't get left out of the "brags:" she received her ASCA open jumpers title (now she is in "elite" - the highest level) and her ASCA novice standards title (moving up to "open")- a difficult one for her because she would leap off the contacts! She has been doing great. Problem is that she is F-A-S-T. I had to finally break down and get good running shoes to wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great sketch of Maggie. You captured both the joy she has and the joy she gives. It warms my heart. QK