Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Flurries?!?

We're up to our ...


Over the New Year weekend they predicted "flurries" with accumulations of 1-2 inches. We already had perhaps 2 inches on the ground. This solar-powered snowman light is about 18 inches off the ground. And with the "flurries" he was going...going...

GONE!!

We ended up with 12 inches and drifts over 2 feet. Not MY definition of FLURRIES!!

I pulled the tractor snowblower out and plowed one day (3 hours and I looked like a snowman without the cute smile) and the wind filled it all in again by the next day. Is it spring yet?

3 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

I hear ya girlfriend. We haven't had as much snow out my way, but the temps & wind chill have been painful!!!! Warm soup & a fire in the fireplace on Monday!!!

Debbie said...

Yes, I couldn't believe when I went to work following this snowfall. I drove to work in the dark so I didn't notice much. But after lunch time I looked out a window and realized that I could see GRASS!! They hardly got ANYTHING!! A joke on me from the Weather Gods.

Anonymous said...

I’m so sorry to hear how much this “global warming” weather is affecting you. Here on the Left Coast it is a little nicer, but right now we are socked in with fog. Fog is about as useful as a mosquito. What we really need is rain (we’re down over 6 inches from our average). Keep the faith and watch your back! QK