Friday, June 12, 2009

Where Does Time Go?


I'd really, REALLY, REALLY like to know the answer to that question! As a teenager I loved the song "Time" by Pink Floyd. I knew even then, at some level, the truth of those lyrics. I vowed never to "fritter and waste the hours in an off handed way." And I'd never be "waiting for someone or something to show you the way ".

I had a copy of the lyrics up on the wall when I got my first professional job over 20 years ago. The most important verse to me, is the one I would think about every ten years since:

"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
no one told when to run, you missed the starting gun..."

I didn't miss the starting gun. I've known I've been in a race and I try to pack as much life and love into every day that I can.

This year has been a huge transition year so I've been doing a lot of re-organizing and strategizing and re-prioritizing. I also have a new job that I'm learning. I'm spending lots of time with old and new friends and lots of time with my puppies. And I've been spending more time with Mac and Anni as well. More on all these topics are coming "soon".

So please be patient with me and my scarce posts. I will try really, really hard to post more often. And since I've done SUCH a lousy job, I can only do better!! I've been spending more time living than posting. The truth is - that "finish line" is getting closer and closer and I have so much more I want to do in my journey!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love the answer to that same question?!?! My question is more along the lines of - where does the WEEKEND GO???? If you ever find the answer, please clue me in!!
Love d

Kerri Jean said...

Why am I not at all surprised that you have more adventures planned? Can't wait to hear what they are. I am also trying to pack as much living into life as I can these days.

Anonymous said...

The older you get the more the passage of time seems to accelerate. At my age, decades seem to fly as quickly as years used to when I was in my twenties. There is never enough time to do what you want to do and what you need to do, so I opt to do what you want to do and ignore the rest! Now go have fun and respect the wishes of your elder. QK