Friday, May 01, 2009

Hula Haflinger


Well - here's Anni getting into the native grove!! My work finally sent me somewhere besides the desert or a shipyard. Hawaii for a conference!! Very cool. A looooooong trip but VERY nice once there!! Put on a grass skirt and join our mare for a dance!!

I wanted to use watercolor to give the piece a nice "movement". However, the waterproof pen I used wasn't. It started smugging so I switched to color pencil. Not my favorite color job - but I love my hula-ing mare!!

3 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

I love her joyful expression and the swing of her tail.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors. While I'm generally not interested in travel these days, some time in Hawaii sounds awesome right about now!! Love d

Anonymous said...

Yippee, a new blog entry! Aloha!!! I love the expression on Anni’s face and the darling point of her hooves (all four of them). Nice job! Glad to see more of your art work. QK