Saturday, July 05, 2008

Apple of My Eye

Another drawing from recent trip. I had in mind a series of "bad girls from history." This one got "Eve-fied." The serpent on the head piece brought to mind the garden of Eden so I threw in an apple.

My travel kit for this last trip was quite light. I did a small carry on only and wanted to tuck in a small art kit. I focused on doing the finished art in my 4"x4" kraft paper notebook. I brought my color pencil set, smallest travel watercolor kit with my custom palette, a couple brushes (one with a built-in water reservoir), a few permanent pens, a pencil sharpener and an eraser.

All packed up the supplies were quite compact. Of course I had with my trusty Moleskine notebook where the pencil sketches that end up in the kraft paper notebook are born.

I recorded which color pencils that I brought with in the back of my kraft paper. After doing a few drawings, I could narrow the colors down even further.

1 comment:

Marilyn Rock said...

Very efficient and organized packing for your trip Deb! Wow! I love your "Evefied" illustration :)