Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Pray for Peace!

Our saucy red gloved Memorial "Babe" is hoping for peace so none of our troops have to go to war!

This was the original sketch which I think has more personality - I still have troubles going from sketch to color finished product. I just have to keep working at it.

I wanted to give her a scarf to go with the pilot's hat and goggles but it interfered with her hand so I left it off.

I guess she represents the Air Force and/or Naval Aviators.

3 comments:

cheryl finley said...

Love this, Deb!!
You create such cool art!

kerrip said...

Peace, woman! I think you mean Navel aviator! ouch!

Anonymous said...

Well, you’re Memorial Babe is certainly hot. You have a great sense of proportion, and I think her personality shines through in the finished product just fine. Anyone would be patriotic looking at her. QK