Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In Honor of Breezy

...our dear friend Jennifer Broome's beautiful girl who has parted us.


She's my dog.
She is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;
My other ears that hear above the winds.
She is the part of me that can reach out into the seas.
She has told me a thousand times over that I am her reason for being.
By the way she rests against my leg.
By the way she thumps her tail at my smallest smile.
By the way she shows her hurt when I leave without taking her.
When I am wrong, she is delighted to forgive.
When I am angry, she clowns to make me smile.
When I am happy, she is joy abound.
When I am a fool, She ignores it.
When I succeed, she brags.
Without her, I am only another person.
With her, I am all powerful.
She has promised to wait for me...whenever...
In case I need her; and I expect I will---
As I always have.
She is my Breezy.

Breezy signifies everything noble and good that is "Dog". We are so honored that we knew her and are saddened that cancer cheated her of her senior years. Be at peace dear Breezy.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

My thanks to Kerri who did the text so wonderfully on the photo. And my thanks to the "unknown author" who wrote the lovely poem that I modified. It started "She's just my dog." I deeply felt that the word "just" couldn't be in the same sentence with "my dog". Especially when talking about Breezy.

kerrip said...

Looking into the eyes of a dog is like examining your soul. It was an honor to help in such a small way to honor such a beautiful and loyal companion as Breezy. I didn't know her personally, but my dearest daily companion is a dog, (not "just" a dog), so I do feel I knew her, and my heart aches for their loss. Please extend my heartfelt sympathy.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Breezy, however I know what it is to lose a pet that's more than a friend. There is nothing like that connection you have and the unconditional love you share. I'm so sorry for the heartache they're going through.
-d

Anonymous said...

I’m sitting at my computer with tears in my eyes. Please express my condolences to Jennifer. It is so hard to lose one of our dear four-legged children. I know Breezy is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for Jennifer. QK

cheryl finley said...

Oh my, what a beautiful tribute. the poem is ...indescribable. I'm all teary now...what a beautiful spirit Breezy is (she still has that spirt..just no form now); and although I know we miss the physical form of our loved ones who've crossed over to the invisible realm...may knowing her spirit lingers eternally be a source of comfort for your friend.

HOw very wonderful and beautiful to be able to give, feel and share that kind of love and devotion. It truly is a relationship like no other.