Sunday, April 06, 2008

It is Hard to be Queen...

Just ask Penny! Penny earned another qualification (novice regular agility section) and got a second place in the first class and a first (out of 7 dogs) in the second. Now all we have to work on is our "gamblers" qualification and she'll have her first title! I was totally thrilled and my instructors were very happy. I had super "fast poodle" Saturday and didn't know how to run her! My instructors told me "we knew you were in trouble the minute Penny lined up at start: she had that look in her eye." Penny is definitely feeling better although at this point, after a 12 hour day, she was ready for a little shut-eye. The cool thing was that today she still had lots of energy. We're very proud of our little girl!

Poodle "Blooper"
I couldn't resist sharing this one with you. Penny was rather annoyed when I went to stick the ribbons by her for the picture. I was trying to not wake her, but she's a light sleeper. Penny picked up her head as if to say "what the $@##!?!" She then took one look at me, sighed "stupid human," promptly dropped her head down and "hurruphed" that I disturbed the "Queen's" slumber. It is so tough being a Poodie Girl...

3 comments:

kerrip said...

Congratulations Penny!!! I always knew you'd be a high achiever like your mom!! Debbie, I love the addition to your header!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and Penny! I was holding good thoughts all weekend long and I just had a feeling you and Penny would shine. BTW, it’s not so hard being Queen, all it takes is attitude! QK (aka Queen Kathryn)

Debbie said...

I now realize why the "Queen" had her pretty little nose out of joint: I forgot that she got two more ribbons, one including a big one for her "New Title". She was annoyed...