Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Going Postal

Do you have your taxes in the mail yet?

OK, yes, I probably should put an "un-PC warning" on this post. My favorite partner in crime, , was here for an artist date. It was a long time coming. We decided to do ATC cards. We both participate in a swap that I haven't been doing for quite some time now. The group is more into the "vintage-look-collage" ATCs, so I worry that when they get my original cartoon art that they think "What the heck is this?!?!"

The theme was "Going Postal." One of my FAVORITE Terry Pratchett books! All I could think of was the part where the letters were set on fire. Then I thought about what most of us think about going postal. I did try to be not entirely un-PC so I took away his machine gun and compromised with a bullet nose. Then I thought about today is the last day to file taxes and how I'd like to really send a message to the IRS...

If you are wondering. I still don't know if I have the nerve to finish the other ATCs for the swap. Don't want to offend anyone. I gave this one to Kerri, who of course, loved it. There is no accounting for taste - just kidding Ker! She's a true friend which means if she hates it she'll be nice enough to lie to me. ;)

3 comments:

steve said...

Haha, I think we all have our semi-going-postal moments. I recall the film "Falling Down" when I think of the term. Anyhow, great job here!!

kerrip said...

I have a very wicked sense of humor, so this ATC makes me smile!!! Thanks for a wonderful day of art & friendship & tacos!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the “Going Postal” image you created. I think we all can relate to the sentiment, particularly on Tax Day. I really like the determination in your rocket mail’s eye and the firm-set mouth. Good characterization! QK