Sunday, March 02, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday - Leap!

My "leap" comes from a leap of faith and since the winter here has been AWFUL I'm leaping in snow...still! Although some days I feel I'm leaping into a void! Some days I don't know if I'm coming or going, should be doing art or not...well, you get the picture.

I've been doing a lot of water color lately so I wanted to do some collage. I just free formed cut the body and added the other bits.

The days are getting longer now, hopefully all this snow will end, and I will be leaping for joy!! Speaking of leaping for joy, Illustration Friday also had "leap" as a topic. Here's Penny leaping for joy!

PS: My husband joked I should have her jumping over a religious symbol for it to be a proper leap of faith. UGH!!

6 comments:

steve said...

Wow, two for the price of one! Great job here as well! Love the colors and texture effect. I have faith that Spring will indeed arrive soon, but I also have a bad feeling we'll get hit with one last winter blast. Let's hope, for my sake, it's on a school/workday!

Crafty Green Poet said...

this is great fun! I love the ribbons!

tangled stitch said...

Very lovely and whimsical. The colors are very spring like and floaty. Thanks for taking me out of my snowdrums.

Deb G said...

This is lovely....

Cheryl Finley: said...

Hi Deb,
Wow... you've got "lords a leapin' all oveer your blog! OMG!! Too cute for words. Makes me wanna get up and leap into a dance! So adorable I could gobble them all up, the dogs are amazing!

Cheryl
http://acapellasoul.blogspot.com/2008/03/inner-journaler.html

Anonymous said...

I love the exuberance of your leaping pixie. The ribbons give the piece a lighter-than-air feel. Very emotive.

-QK