I am trying to get back to painting and decided to work on yet another weak area. Weak area you ask? Well, I have 2 Gorey-Inspired-Backgrounds sitting unfinished on my art table so I'm a bit stuck at the moment. So I decided to torment myself even further and paint...yes...cats. I don't know why I can't easily draw cats. I have absolutely no idea. In fact, I should be able to draw the little critters. Why? You may ask. Observe the supporting evidence:
- I love cats: their grace, their beauty, their totally "up-yours" attitude
- I understand and can capture how cats move
- I own cats, albeit they live in the barn - they give me asthma
- I draw my poodle and she is definitely part cat (refer to the "up-yours" attitude listed above)
- On second thought, I don't "own" cats: they grace my barn with their presence and let me feed them and otherwise care for them. They play with mice and place little decapitated mouse heads on their food plate to watch me jump straight up in the air while they are laughing and pointing at me while hiding behind the hay bales
Well, I won't give up that easily. I will not let the devilish creatures get the upper paw. I will keep drawing and painting Mr. Whiskers until I get him right. Or he sends me to the hospital. Which ever comes first.