Sunday, October 14, 2007

Inspire Me Thursday: Hats on Parade!


Ah...I LOVE hats. What fun they are to make! Since I'm in the middle of a 2 week visit from my beloved Mother, I don't want to be anti-socialable and hide in my art room to make an assortment of hats. So I did a couple freeform ones (hey - it is Freeform Sunday after all!!)
Enjoy! I still have hats whirling around in my head. I wanted to make a "poodle hat" to honor dear Weird Al. I'll put it on my "to make" list. ;)

I've posted a few of my previous hats since they are a recurring theme in my art. I think I am enjoying my watercolor ones better than my mixed media ones. I need to successful merge the two styles into something truly fun. I'll add that to my "list" as well. Good Night!





15 comments:

Cheryl Finley: said...

Oh my..where do I begin! This is a feast for the eyes! Yes, hats on parade is the perfect title. I love all the unique designs and colros. You do wonderful work!

Thank you!

Patricia J. Mosca said...

Hats on Parade!! These are all great pieces...I especially like the ones with the feathers...VERY COOL!

kimberley said...

A wonderland of hats! I like the one with all the sparkly stars.

Sandy said...

Wonderful. Really nice.

Krissie said...

agree with Cheryl...indeed a veritable feast for the eyes!! I love the hat with what looks like sparklers on it! wow!

Alessandro said...

There is a great collection of hats here.
Really interesting works. Love them.

kerrip said...

You've come a long way baby!! When you made those mixed media ATCs with the modigliano heads, I absolutely loved them, but they pale in comparison to your original art when placed side by side -- bravo!!!

Spontanity said...

Love this collection:)
Greetz from Holland.

steve said...

These are amazing Dew! Love the little alien especially.

Laura Scarlett said...

Wow all spectacular. And I just love the hair of the first lady. Great post.

Silvia said...

Wow, great work.

landi said...

Gorgeous hats! Every lady has such a great personality that just shines through!

Anonymous said...

I love the hats! As you know, “Hats are my THING.” Your watercolor bonnet is particularly cute with the chin bow, and I really like the green mixed-media beanie. These are great fun. QK

franswazz said...

The first 2 are absolutely wonderful, look spontaneous and free.
Congrats, one of my favourite posts

Going For Greatness said...

Enjoy your visit with your mom!! Hey I don't see anything wrong with a few minutes of quiet time in your studio to take a deep breath and recharge, do you?!
Hats!! YES! I love hats too! I collect 1940's ladies hats and have quite the collection! We're WWII reenactors and I am happy that I get to wear them quite often!!
~XO~
Gabi