Sunday, September 16, 2007

Freeform Sunday: And What do We Have Here?

As I've said before - I never know where my brush will take me on Freeform Sunday! Tonight it was this lovely bird. I felt compelled to fill in what she is looking at: a chick, a golden egg, a ham sandwich with mayo... Instead, I decided to be lazy, no, I mean - I decided that I'll let the viewer decide what she is looking at. My "readers" come up with such great ideas (like Gabi and her contra dancing). Can't wait until I read everyone's comments!

Tomorrow I will be posting tonight's "failure". I did promise to post everything unedited and I will keep to it. I was a little depressed to scan it tonight, so tomorrow, after all, is another day!

6 comments:

steve said...

She's simply admiring her beautiful green feathers. Love these recurring birds!

Anonymous said...

To me, your feathered friend is rather vain. What is she looking at? She’s admiring the beauty of her own tail, of course! Great whimsy! QK

DEW said...

Uh-Oh. I'm in trouble...those are her wing feathers. Humm...I still need lots of work on those drawing skills!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the drawing I can now see that what I mistook for tail feathers are really wing feathers. Given my new perspective, what I believe your beautiful bird is doing is turning green with envy because, unlike her more human friends, she doesn’t have a pair of red gloves to wear. QK

DEW said...

Ha! I LOVE that QK! Hey, you weren't the only one who thought they were tail feathers! I need to paint better ;)

janie said...

being a woman, she's multitasking of course.
She's laying an egg, knitting a jumper for junior, dusting the shelves and keeping an eye on her favourite soapopera!!
She's not just a pretty face you know:)