Monday, September 03, 2007

Freeform Flying Penny


Yesterday on "Freeform Sunday" I decided to do a freeform animal. Penny came running like a bat-out-of- ...well, really fast...out of the end of my brush. I took a scan of it before I added the detail to show a before and after. Then I decided that she needed curls on her feet and nose. Penny actually does run like this. I don't have a picture of her in full stride. In this illo, she sort of looks like Pepe Le Pew. Poodles are part cat...but part skunk? Hummm....

4 comments:

janie said...

Tally-ho, great joie de vivre in this one.
I actually prefer Penny without the curls on her nose and feet, what does Pennt think?!!

Anonymous said...

I love Penny in her exuberant run; she looks like a gazelle. I do prefer her without the curls on her face (I think they distract from her expression). You’ve really captured a light-hearted mood. Well done! QK

DEW said...

Ok, Penny thinks that her feet look too big in the one with no curls, but does agree with QK that she looks better without curl on her face - although shaving her face makes her little snout itchy!!!

Going For Greatness said...

Ahh Penny! you are such a princess, even when running full out!!
I love the curls. I'm just a curl kinda girl I guess!!
~XO~
Gabi