Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Edwardian Bird Hat Freeform


Thank goodness for comments. Kerri mentioned that my IF post looked as if a hat had come alive. So I thought that I should definitely make one of my red gloved ladies wearing a bird inspired hat. Of course, she needed to be an Edwardian lady. So here she is! Really weird face - but my aim is still not to edit - just lay down to keep practicing...

I've included the little sketch that I jotted down in my journal. She came to be at work...during a really boring meeting (as opposed to just a regular boring meeting.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the inspiration of a TRULY boring meeting to bring out your creative side. I have a copy of an agenda from a meeting I was at a month ago. It is covered with sketches of outfits I was putting together for The Vintage Cup (and yes, I did get a ribbing). I love your red-gloved Edwardian lady in the bird hat. She is perfectly accessorized. I’d give her a Bertie (or is that Birdy?) Award! QK

kerrip said...

Actually, her face looks a bit like Carol Channing - which I suppose IS a weird face!! Love the hat!!

Going For Greatness said...

Ahh this outfit suits her perfectly! She should attend "Victorian Days" In Belvidere, NJ this weekend! (It's a weekend dedicated to the Victorian era (1837-1901).. yes yes I know the Edwardian era was roughly 1901 - 1910 ... but the event is spectacular just the same! We (my medieval reeancment group) represent the Medieval Era as the Victorians loved to host elaborate Medieval themed parties in full dress!! FUN!!)
Your red gloved lady would be the very best dressed, no doubt!!
~XO~
Gabi

DEW said...

HA! OMG - She DOES look like Carol Channing. That is scary.