Sunday, August 19, 2007

She is Back - by Popular Demand

While we were on travel, our little red-gloved lady got some new duds. I'm still using my freeform technique - fast painting, ink in details, leave mistakes as is. She originally had her brown hair in a up-do and then I decided that I really wanted to give her a hat. I threw a little water on the hair and blotted. Remember, I'm using cheap non-watercolor paper and it can take very little abuse. That way I won't be able to cheat...much! Then I loaded up my #7 cheap watercolor brush with paint and viola! Lastly, I added a bit of ink to give a hint of detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she's gorgeous!! I love the dress - and the hat totally looks like you meant to do it. Nice job!!

love d

Anonymous said...

Your red-gloved lady is lovely in her chapeau. The hat is reminiscent of something we might wear to the Vintage Cup! -QK

Going For Greatness said...

I do love this red-gloved lady! She's da bomb!
Love the movement of the dress.. you nailed it! Perfect~
Gabi