Thursday, August 23, 2007

Red-Gloved Red Headed Lass

One of my favorite blogging buddies reminded me that my red-gloved lady needed a red headed friend! How could I be so irresponsible? How could I be so air-headed? Easily I guess. So I've put a bit of a spin on my freeform technique. I wanted to put in some line work into the fabric. You see this red headed lass needs a bit of tartan! I used a really neat green/gold from Daniel Smith and threw a bit of gold over the top of the dress and also mixed it in the hair color. I wanted her to be light and flowing. It is beautifully iridescent in real life but didn't scan the greatest. My pen died on me so I didn't get the eyes the way I wanted. But as all of my ladies, she took on a life of her own.

3 comments:

kerrip said...

love the red and yellow combo and the shadows in the folds of her dress.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Goodness, I guess you have more than one red-headed friend. I would love to say I resemble your beauty queen (maybe in my much younger days, but then again, probably not). I think the only real resemblance is that my hair is that long, and is still a dark auburn thanks to Lady Clairol. I do love the flow of the material in her gown and her enthusiastic, “ta-da” personality! Congratulations on another successful art project. Love from one of your red-headed friends, QK.

Going For Greatness said...

Oo yeah! This is HER!! This is the red head that the red gloved lady needed as her bud!!! ;)
PERFECT! I love her tartan (spoken from a true Scot!) and feel that yes, that was a necessity!!
Fabulous!!
She's stunning!!
~XO~
Gabi
ps - she ROCKS!!!