Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Inspire Me Thursday: Watercolor


"This week let’s have some fun with watercolors. Experiment with watercolor paper, watercolor paints, watercolor pencils. Or, for the computer savvy, how about digital watercolor painting? Whatever your previous experience with watercolors, try to challenge yourself in a new way."

Since I've been working in watercolor for the last month in my new "freeform" style, I needed a real departure from my red-gloved ladies. So I went the "realistic" route. I think I should stick with my freeform ladies and cartoons. Hey, I did indeed challenge myself! ;)

5 comments:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

I think that it is wonderful!!

kerrip said...

This really IS wonderful Debbie. I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your little, scruffy puppy. You got the proportions just right and he has a typical Terrier boldness in his eyes. I think he looks very realistic.

QK

Going For Greatness said...

I am SOOO loving the direction your watercolors are going!!!
What fun stuff you're creating! I love this little dog!
~XO~
Gabi

Royce Addington: said...

It's obvious you are a dog lover by the way you portrayed this wonderful canine spirit! Your watercolor has LIFE and PERSONALITY and HEART!