Sunday, August 05, 2007

Illustration Friday: Missing


What more can I say - I MISS my brain...

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to those of you who have been following and encouraging me in my quest for eraser independence!! I am continuing my "Freeform Sunday" format and have extended it to this week's IF as well. I find that I really make my art, like my life, way too complicated. I am trying to not over-think everything I do. I am keeping to my watercolors and cheap paper that will NOT allow me to overwork the piece. Whatever goes on the paper stays.

This is not only good for me, because I am really stretching and "drawing" with paints, but I can produce so much more art. I'm not fretting and agonizing over every detail and how it "should" match what I've envisioned in my head. And from the feedback I'm receiving, everyone likes the simpler approach. Thank you all! Without you I would revert back to my old evil ways. ;)

5 comments:

Kevin Spear said...

I like the minimalist approach. Nice idea.

Going For Greatness said...

I can SO relate to this!!!!!!!!
LOVE the watercolors... really vibrant!!
Gabi

Tony Sarrecchia... said...

Cool. I had thought about doing the missing brain theme but couldn't come up with an eloquent solution. You handled this with a lot of finesse. Great job.

ming said...

I know how that feels, minimalist, but very nice painting

carla said...

Love the lips! I like the concept as well.. something most of us can relate to from time to time!