Sunday, July 29, 2007

Peaceful Co-Existence?




If you remember, the roofer showed up 2 days after the wedding to put on a new roof and tramp over all my flowers. That was suppose to take two weeks. Well, it's week 3 and still not done. Lots of rain (some of it ending up in my attic studio) and very hot weather has stretched it out. Hopefully it will be done by Wednesday. The good news is that they were more careful than I could have hoped for. There is only a couple sections of garden that looks like a bomb dropped on it. Lots of little casualities, but I hope that by a 8/11 party that things will have mended. Luckily the bride and groom's favorite flower bed not only survived, but looks even better with all the day lilies blooming.

1 comment:

kerrip said...

That's such good news. I hated to think of all those flowers and all that work decimated!!! My garden looks atrocious and very overgrown, and I am discovering that I need to plant things that will spread the color through more of the summer. I have a very green garden by August, with all my perennials pooped!!