Saturday, July 21, 2007

Illustration Friday: Poem

A 2-page spread from my swap journal. The pages are all different colors - I think I would have liked this better if the background color was the same on the two pages. Typically I do only one page at a time but I needed two for this project. The lower right hand page has a movable lady "fan." I love this poem:

Talk to me.
We speak in tongues.
My mouth to your ear.
Your ear to my mouth.
We speak in tongues.
Use body English
Mouth to mouth.
Heart to heart.
Parts of speech.
Each.
Our every slip of the tongue is graceful.
Our best syllables are silent.
We speak in tongues.
Our skins make conversation.
Talk to me.

~Pablo Neruda

6 comments:

Melba said...

Well done. I like this1

studio lolo said...

Wonderful choice! I love Pablo Neruda. Il Postino was one of my favorite films. Your collage is the perfect accent!

Vhrsti said...

Perfect work. Love collage and this piece is absolutly perfect!

aeneadellaluna said...

such a poetic and marvellous illo.. I feel like listening so air for g string by bach!

steve said...

Great collage composition in your journal here! Fits so well with the poem too.

Janice said...

This is gorgeous... I love the collage fan!