Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Freeform


I've been in an art funk lately. I finally got one hour to myself - and I just didn't know what to do, where to start. So I decided to follow some ideas from a book that I read a while ago. To just draw, don't use a pencil and eraser. Don't worry about being perfect or making mistakes. Just grab a pen and go at it. So I broke from my typical habit of using pencil first. I went straight with a pen - mistakes and all - and filled in with watercolors. I'll be posting a few of my "experiments." This is one of the first... I couldn't "take the plunge" all at once, so I weaned myself from my pencil, and more importantly my eraser. I am so eraser fixated I actually have an electric one!

2 comments:

studio lolo said...

I like how you have her coming in from the right, rather wistfully! You did a nice job freewheeling it, and sans eraser no less :)

kerrip said...

I love this. See, the illustrator is dying to get out!!!!