Friday, June 29, 2007

She Swims!

You may remember Penny the non-swimming poodle. We were unsuccessful in getting her to swim last year but lo and behold we got her going this year on May 31st! We realized what we were lacking was a cheering section! Poodles are attention whores and once we had the critical mass of people - viola! Our little girl is swimming!!


Well, to be completely truthful it didn't hurt having Len go in with his wetsuit and take her out over her head so she HAD to swim to get to shore. The funny thing is that she swims with her head WAY out of the water. We joke that she doesn't want to get her hair wet. Silly Poo!


Note, this is not OUR pond. This pond isn't full of scum. It's so unfair! And the scum is still mocking me!!

1 comment:

kerrip said...

I am always amazed when I see dogs swim, as Max has such an aversion to water. He hates even a few raindrops and always looks at me as though I can stop them. ... and I think ALL dogs are attention whores. It really is how they make their living, isn't it. Notice ME, feed ME, pet ME, love ME, treat ME!!! Great story!!