Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Cantering Bride

Whew! The bridal shower is OVER! It was an amazing success - everyone loved the Mexican fiesta theme, the food, the wedding cake pinata and, most importantly, we kept it fun so the bride-to-be did not get too stressed. A very good day was had by all.
I was pleased that most people did bring a 4" x 4" square to contribute to a bridal collage I'll be putting together for the happy couple. It is a similar idea to a bridal quilt but a collage instead since many of the people are not quilters. I had an idea to do a collage, but Kerri had the insight that I should constrain the element sizes or I'd have trouble assembling the collage. She is so smart! Even with the size constraint I had several that didn't follow the "rule". I'll assemble the collage on a 24" x 36" canvas and will be displayed at the wedding. Everyone said they couldn't wait to see how I put the thing to together - including me. I have a bit of a challenge having everything from paper to ceramic tiles. I'll post a picture when I'm done with it.

For now I'll share my collage element with you. The bride is a dressage rider and it is her biggest love, next to her husband-to-be of course! So the pen sketch just "came" to me and I made a collage out of that. It was fun.

PS - the bridal book went over very well and she loved it - except for all her family wishing her dozens of babies.

2 comments:

kerrip said...

Congratulations on what sounds like such a wonderful celebration for Leann. And I knew you would get at least one tile!!!! I can't wait to see the finished 'quilt.' Thanks for the update. Love the sketch!!!

Samhains said...

I love the horses..very wimsical:) very, brown