Monday, November 06, 2006

November ATCs - Party Hats and Beads

Here's my next set of ATCs. The topic was "Party Hats and Beads" Yes, I went back to the lovely lady color copies that Kerri gave me. I hope people aren't sick of them but I just love these funky ladies. The colors are great and inspire me to really play around with different color combinations.

I am now making 5 ATCs for the exchange. One for Kerri, one for Marilyn the ATC exchange coordinator and 3 for trade. I should start making one more extra for me. The ATC by itself is the one I picked for Kerri. However, if she likes a different one I know she'll let me know...she's not shy!!

I really was a bit uncertain about doing an ATC exchange. I was worried about the small format, too restrictive of a theme, etc. I have enjoyed it and I found I'm finally using all those little scraps of paper that I have saved for years! I made a rule that I will never buy something to make ATCs. I use materials I have on hand only. Otherwise I will over think them. Hope you enjoy looking at them! I am receiving some AMAZING ATCs from other artists. Very cool!

5 comments:

kerrip said...

wow. love these party hats. My eye was drawn to the little red hat in the top corner, but I don't want to pick for myself, as I think the one you chose has a much more spectacular hat, so bring it on. I have my idea for this swap but have not done it yet!!

Anke said...

Beautiful ATCs. When I did my first ATC it was a huge challenge especially the seize, but after doing the first it just got better and better. Have fun doing many more....

Going For Greatness said...

OH! Debbie these turned out SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!! I LOVE them!! What a neat theme for ATCs!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!
I've been sooooo busy lately that I haven't been able to even blog or anything!! I'm back though!! Missed you!!
~ Gabi

Samhains said...

thoughs are great..I really like thoughs one...I like that they are sort or set from the 30's to 50's time period, but really has a nineteen seventies feel, one or two look like the same style as some cartoons, artwork, and the likes of from the 70's... interesting to me how you some how reveal both time periods in one shot....tickles my bain. :)

Laura Jones said...

I was SOOO happy to receive one of these ATCs, Debbie! Thank you...it is beautiful. I don't know your e-mail, so am hoping you see this.