Friday, October 27, 2006

Studio Friday - Collections

"Most people collect something, it would be fun to see what others have in their collections."
~ Silvia


Wonderful topic Silvia! I do like how the (s) was put on the word collection! I won't admit to all my various collection(s): electric guitars that I can barely play, cool socks that I shouldn't really wear out of the house (and when I DO wear them to work they are kept inside of high topped boots - I pray I'm never in an auto accident with them on), lipsticks that I never use but must keep because I got them free by paying outrageous prices for Estee Lauder face cream, etc. Wait a minute. I wasn't going to admit to those collections. Darn, I just hate blogs and how they just weasel out info that we don't mean to spill onto an unsuspecting public!! Luckily, I recently purchased a delightful collection: one that I am more than proud to admit to and don't have to hide inside my boots. It is...

My OUISSI Collection!

I couldn't resist purchasing some gorgeous cards and badges from our "own" Ouissi and her "Memory is Art" collection. I did this under the guise of buying presents for others. Now that I received the cards I can hardly bare to part with them! Please forgive my very poor pictures of her lovely artwork and go to her site and Art Esty store for superior pictures. Let me give everyone a low-down on these works of art. First: THE PICTURES DON'T DO HER WORK JUSTICE! These cards are breath-taking in person and I love each one. Second: THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE PRICE! I know that $12 seems steep but personally I don't see how she makes money on them. The quality of the materials are top-shelf and the workmanship is incredible: the detail to which she cuts everything out is phenomenal. All I have to say is buy them now because once she's "discovered" they will only go up in price. Third: SHE IS A++ ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. I can't believe how fast my shipment arrived. She's in the UK and she beat other domestic orders I put in at the same time from big companies. The packing was incredible and everything came in a cool little folder. She's a delight to work with - fast communication and she was very helpful with some account problems I was having as a first time Esty customer. And you know what is really awesome? The backs are just about as beautiful as the fronts.
Plus, because you couldn't possibly write on the backs it saves you from having to think of something more to write in the card. I bet it's not only me who writes in big writing because I didn't have a lot to say and don't want the recipient to think that I "cheated" them because I had more room in which to write. Ok, well, perhaps it's only me. Never mind...

Now, this covers only her cards...but she has much more!!
"Badges? We got no stinkin' badges!!" Well, you can now can get some wondrous badges! Ouissi has an edition of her work as "badges." These button badges are just delightful. I already gave some away and want the entire set myself. They are just adorable! I've pictured them with my personal favorite: the bride card.

I've only touched on a fraction of Ouissi's incredible work. She does memory books as well and I'd LOVE to have one of her wedding books. But, alas, I'm happily married and as much as I'd LOVE to have one of Ouissi's wedding books, divorces are just too darn expensive! ;)

7 comments:

kerrip said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for bringing Ouissi's collection over to show-and-tell. To those who read this blog, Debbie is not overstating how wonderful these cards are. If Debbie ever decides to part with any in this collection, I hope she will think of her dear friend Kerri (me!!!) The cardstock is luscious and as a cardmaker myself, I cannot figure how she cuts & assembles so neatly and with such precision. Great collection!!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

very nice ouissi collection; and buttons too!

Carrie Sommer said...

Oh man, I think it's so awesome that you highlighted your collection from one of the SF artists. That just floors me. How inspiring! Thank you!

Wow...

Going For Greatness said...

I am a huge fan of Ouissi too!! I don't have any of her cards but I LOVE seeing them and the intricasy and complication of each one astounds me!!
XO
Gabi

LB said...

How great is it to see a SF artist in the "collections? Beautiful stuff!

Debbie, I've tried the American Classic Tea, and I have to say I'm not impressed. But what else would they drink in the White House? I suppose that's the one place where you really want to bring out every American product you can find!

It's around 85 here today, but every weather is tea weather to me!

Salix Tree said...

Hehe.. loved reading about your wild socks! I too have a drawerful of them, and I wear mine with sandals all the time! You should show them to the world, don't be shy, be a little crazy!
;-}
And Ouissi's art is fantastic, I love her details and color choices.

Ouissi Gresty said...

I feel so humbled!! It is always so lovely to see someone else love your work...its sometimes difficult to see what you create from an outside perspective...your post made me cry!! soppy I know......

I have been inspired to create new stuff!!

Love Ouissi x