Monday, September 04, 2006

The ATC Plunge

Ok, so I finally caved in. Kerri got me involved with artist trading cards. I have no idea what I was doing but I that has never stopped me from doing anything before!

Here is my first set. They seem a bit boring to me. I'll try to do better for the next set. I was to provide three cards for the exchange and I would receive a set of three in return. I made four. I'm doing this "long distance" - I'm over 1.5 hours from the store so we're doing via post. The moderator is mailing the ones picked for me in the SWAP in the SASE I included when I mailed her my cards. So for her trouble, I told her to pick one of the four ATCs. She's being really nice about accommodating me since I can't easily drop mine off at the store and pick them back up. Which one do you think the moderator picked?

This first exchange had no theme. The next one is fabric. Any topic, I just have to use fabric somehow in the card. I don't do much fabric so this is a good topic to make me stretch. I can't wait to see the cards that I receive. I hope I get one of Kerri's - they are REALLY cool! But then everything she does is wonderful.

So, which card do you think the moderator selected? She selected "She had a goal...now".

Now, tell me, which one would YOU have picked?

4 comments:

Ouissi Gresty said...

I like the first one, "dare", I love the wings...

Ouissi x

Anonymous said...

If I were to pick one of the four trading cards, I’d pick “I don’t do windows.” I love the expression on her face as if to say, “Get real, I don’t do windows”—must be the Jewish American Princess in me. -QK

Going For Greatness said...

I like "She had a goal now" that one is really appealing to me!
I have done some ATCs and they're pretty fun! I hope you enjoyed the process!!
~XO
Gabi

kerrip said...

So funny I would have guessed that Marilyn would have picked "Dare" or "I don't do windows" so I guessed completely wrong. I am torn between those two myself, but I LOVE ALL OF THESE... and they're not BORING. They're in the "less is more" category. I am getting mine from Mary tonight, so I don't know what I got back, but I can't wait!!! I like your idea of making 4 so that Marilyn can have one, just for all of her work. You are always so thoughtful.