Friday, August 18, 2006

True Colors a la Claudine

Today was the first day of my 4 day workshop with Claudine Hellmuth and all 21 ladies had a blast! Claudine started the first day with color and how to mix any color you need from yellow, red, blue, black and white. Sure....I said when I first heard it. "I'll believe it when I see it!" Well, I saw it, and I believe it. I was able to mix my colors to match various colors of paint chips. Claudine did an incredible job explaining color and not putting us to sleep. She has such an incredible style and she's so much FUN. Then she had us do a mini "True Colors" exercise where each table of students made a book out of tags. We picked 2-3 colors, made our "cover" tag and then each person exchanged with another and had to follow the color of the "cover" tag. It was great fun! Our table had the odd person (me of course!) so we made a book of 5 tags. The other 4 tables made a book of 4 tags. I tried to photograph as many as I could but I didn't get everyone's because I didn't want to take pictures without permission. So I apologize to the ladies that I missed. The first two photos are the sets from our table. I arranged them in a "matrix" where the horizontal is the color scheme, and then the vertical is the artist. For example, Susan made all the first tag in each row. Her color scheme is the golden girl with the red background. If you haven't taken a Claudine Hellmuth workshop - beg, borrow, steal in order to get to one! She's fabulous! I can't wait to see what I'll be doing tomorrow!!

3 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

debbie!

thank you sweetie! So glad you are having a great time! See you tomorrrow for more fun :)

kerrip said...

Thanks, Debbie, for the narrative and pics. It sounds wonderful. Glad you are having fun and hope to learn lots when you get back. I'll stock up on the basic colors if I have a chance!!

Going For Greatness said...

So awesome! I wish I was there with you! I'd LOVE to take one of her workshops!!!
Lovin' the funky tags!