Sunday, July 02, 2006

Illustration Friday: Sticky

Once again, Mac finds himself in a sticky situation.

Mac is my husband’s horse. He’s my husband’s horse in the same way that “he/she’s YOUR son/daughter” when your son/daughter is bad.
If trouble doesn’t find Mac, Mac goes looking for it. I was tempted to document an incident where Mac came in from his pasture with 24 porcupine quills in his nose. But that would be more appropriate for “prickly” rather than “sticky”. It was pretty easy to think of a sticky situation for Mac to get into: in this case, a doubly sticky situation. This is only one of several that come to mind! And yes, he does try to "talk" himself out of those situations. If he runs out of ideas he merely bats his big brown eyes at you as if to say: “But I’m the cute little yellow fuzzy pony.” Yeah – right!

7 comments:

Roz Foster said...

Mac's polite reasoning skills are hilarious. Very cute.

chippamunkey said...

Oh this is so cute! I love it!~:)

kerrip said...

I've been wanting to jump into illustration Friday, but have yet to read of a topic that inspires an illustration for me. "Sticky" left me completely stumped, so I am particularly impressed with this wonderful illustration. And this one is color!!! I love it...and the swarm of bees!!

Marie-Dom said...

THIS IS SOOO FUNNY!!!! What a character!
MD

Ginger*:)* said...

I love this! Your take on the subject is so charming. Actually the horses on your site are quite wonderful!

Going For Greatness said...

Too cute!!Mac sounds like he's my kinda boy! The one who looks around and says, "who me?"! the one who blames it on the dog, the one who's uses his cute factor to escape. I love this! Your illustrataions are phenominal! This is awesome, love the bees, leering, waiting and knowing exactly what he's up to! Great one! Can't wait to visit again tomorrow so I can get my fix!!~
Happy 4th!!
~Gabi

Rrramone said...

Poor horsey. That is what he gets for messing in their beeswax. ;-)