Sunday, July 16, 2006

Illustration Friday: Sacrifice

I was taking pictures for Studio Friday and realized that I had my idea for Illustration Friday's topic of "sacrifice". My poor self-sacrificing standard poodle: Penny. As you can read in my Studio Friday post, she is my constant companion in my art room (when I'm there), although she much rather be playing soccer.
I was hoping to get more done than this quick pencil sketch, but farm work is eating up my weekend. I've included the photo that I snapped which triggered the idea. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Going For Greatness said...

LOVE IT! HA! I can see her there in the photo, daydreaming of soccer! Love your sketches, they are so fun!!
Have a happy weekend, don't be out in the heat today.. our region is supposed to reach 100 with astronomical humidity! STAY COOL!
Give Oki, Anni and Penny a kiss on the nose from me!
~Gabi

Diane Duda said...

I also have a dog name Penny who never leaves my side. (has the same exact dog bed also). Love your sketch.

Kim Carney said...

Sweet Penny sacrificing her fun after a ball for your creative time ;)

kerrip said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tony LaRocca said...

Ah, if only poodles were allowed to play in the world cup! They'd make natural head-bashers when other poodles talked smack about their sisters. Cute pic.

kerrip said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kerrip said...

what a wonderful sketch, and photo. I know the expression well, in the face of a completely different dog! ps -this weekend was class at melissa's on friday and my first class at melanie's store on sunday... next weekend is 'bonding.'

Ellen said...

Penny looks like such a sweetie!It's amazing, isn't it, how willingly our canine companions sacrifice for us! Bandit-the-Wonderdog occasionally puts his wet nose on my leg to remind me he is here when I'm ready.......

Anonymous said...

What a kick seeing Penny with her envisioning her soccer ball (I do recognize it). QK