Monday, June 26, 2006

Illustration Friday - Rain

Rain drops are falling on HER head!
My first thought when I saw the topic "rain" was Gizmo, our Nubian goat, and how she so hates it! She'll stand in the run-in shed and bellow out indignate "Maah!!!"s as if to say "the weather is broke...fix it!" A bit of background. My mare, Anni Star, wanted a baby soooo bad and instead we got her a goat kid. The goat would keep Anni company when the "boys" went off to dressage shows and be her partner in crime. Anni was the perfect "mother" and would literally try to stand on one foot, trying to get her other 3 feet in the air, to avoid stepping on Gizmo. One of the funniest images that I don't have on film was when Gizmo was little she'd use Anni as her own personal umbrella. Gizmo would stand under Anni's belly and move around as Anni moved around the pasture grazing. So Anni provided Gizmo shade when it was hot and shelter when it was raining. So I had to sketch the photo I never took for IF's topic of "rain". Of course as with all mothers, Anni got a bit annoyed at times.

8 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

I love how the little guy is hiding from the rain. so sweet! :)

Rrramone said...

That is a really charming tale!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

I bet your house is a great place to visit!

kerrip said...

What a wonderful story, and the illustration is even better. (and your house IS a wonderful place to visit!!)- I am so excited that you have this new venue in which to show your talents as an illustrator!!

stacey m said...

sweet illo and story :)

Going For Greatness said...

This is such a cute sketch! I think it's so sweet that they bonded and formed such a lovely relationship!
~ Gabi

carla said...

This is adorable! I love the whole idea of the goat and the horse having this relationship...and your drawing is wonderful:>

arvindh said...

how touching!