Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Illustration Friday: Dance

Anni Star Tries Out for Swan Lake

Here's a submission to a wonderful site I found through Claudine's blog. Its Illustration Friday and is filled with work from extraordinary artists. Since the site states that the forum is for beginners as well as professionals, I figured I'd jump in. Especially because there is a category specific to what I do - pencil cartoons! Yay! So for now, I don't have to worry about successfully translating my pencil sketches into a color format, I can submit my "raw" art as it is. What fun. I love to draw cartoons of my horses doing very un-horse like things. This week's theme was "dance" and this very silly cartoon is of my Haflinger mare's quest for the big time. My scanner is dying, but fortunately it had the decency to hold out until I scanned this - just barely.

3 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

so cute! I love the tu-tu!!

kerrip said...

What a great forum for your wonderful cartoons. Your horse illustrations are wonderfully expressive, and I've always loved them. I am so excited for you. I don't consider myself an illustrator, but there are so many categories that I might have to jump in one of these days!!

Shano said...

She's cute and fun! I love the thought of a horse in a tutu!