Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day - Quick Collage Podcast

For those of you who don't know, Claudine Helmuth has a wonderful quick collage podcast where she is provided a random word and then has 20 minutes (with no prep) to create a collage containing the "seed" word. She releases a podcast featuring her wonderful husband who narrates her creative process. She has us share in the fun although we get time to think about what we're going to do, she doesn't.

Claudine's such a gifted artist and so generous with her talent, helping so many people along her successful path. The submissions are really marvelous and I'm amazed what people can accomplish in 20 minutes - more than I can in an entire day. FYI I have backgrounds already made up. I do them (as Claudine suggests) when I can't think of anything to do when I get stuck. They are always a good starting place for me when I don't know what to do. In other words, I cheated (wink).

This session's word is "Machine". I had an entirely different idea when I heard the word "machine" because I've been having a horrible time with a new washing machine. I had thoughts of collaging a washing machine with a wrecking ball slamming into it. But today is Father's day, so I decided to do a collage in honor of my Father's love of machines - specifically airplanes. He started with model airplanes and this is a newspaper article picture of him when he was 16 back in the 1930s. I'll post the finished product up when I'm completed. I wanted to post what I had today. We lost Dad on Father's day, so this is a fitting tribute to both him and his love. "And that's all I have to say about that". Love you Dad!

No comments: